Thursday, August 9, 2012

LET IT RAIN...LET IT POUR



Hello World.  I just got an e-mail from Canada which was interesting.  I won't go into details, but I am happy that people in other countries actually do read my blog, such as it is.  A Nobel prize winner in literature I am not, so it doesn't take much to make me happy. 

I did get myself up and going today.  R&R is over.  I still didn't get a lot done, but at least I did get myself to mass.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be cooler so maybe I will get a few more things accomplished.

I want to get myself to the store and get some pasta sauce for 99 cents a jar and a few other things that are on sale.  It's August and it is time to stock up on non-perishables.  We have had such a strange summer that we could have an equally weird winter. With the economy doing its fits and jerks and dubious behaviour, I want to be ready to "hole up" for the duration. 

Very little to write about other than to say that the  temperature only got up to about 93 degrees today.  That is far better than what we have been enduring all summer long.  The humidity was a little high, but not too bad.  I can live with it.  The rain that we had on last Thursday sent my tomatoes into overdrive and now there are little tomatoes all over the vines.  I hope the good weather will last long enough that I get a few ripe tomatoes before fall.





+++

I WILL GIVE
THANKS TO YOU
O LORD,
WITH ALL MY HEART;
I WILL DECLARE
ALL YOUR
WONDROUS
DEEDS.
I WILL BE GLAD
AND EXULT.
IN YOU;
I WILL SING PRAISE
TO YOUR NAME,
MOST HIGH.

Psalm 9A, 2-3


Thanks for the rain, Lord.  We really needed it and a lot more.  If I could sing, I would sing your praise.  I might try a rain dance, 'though.  Most of us do not give thanks for the little things, let alone the big blessings.  We kind of take it as it comes after all the moaning and complaining that we are so prone to do.  They say the beans and the soybeans might benefit from the late rain, which is good. However, unlike the  grasshopper, I will try to be like Moses of old...and fill my "granaries" for leaner days ahead. 'Though I trust in the Lord, I know that He gave us the good sense to think ahead with.  Use your head, too.  'Though we are not to store up our earthly treasures, Moses prepared his people and we should do likewise.


END

No comments: