Monday, August 6, 2012

CHARITY...DO YOU?

I can't believe that a simple spool of thread cost $2.19 cents and was actually marked down from $2.69.  No wonder people don't sew much anymore...it's expensive.  I guess I need to go back to the store in E'ville when I need more than what I can find at Wal-Mart.  Another thing that is irritating about Wal-Mart is that they do not have any security at the entrance anymore...of any kind.  I have a CC permit which many people in this agraculture area have.  That means than anyone could just sail into Wal-Mart cocked loaded.  What are the "brains" of Wal-Mart thinking when they did away with what little security they had?  Even the worst oversight is better than no oversight, I think.  Oh well, it's all about the bottom line, isn't it...that isn't a question: it is the answer.

School starts in KY. on Wed. and the store was full of frustrated mothers and kids of all ages.  I'll bet that a lot of mothers are ever so thankful that the kids will soon be in school.  I will have to remember not to go shopping or out driving from 2:30 to around 3:30 because of all the buses and little ones that are out and about about that time.

Yes, school starts early in the south.  It's a holdover from the times when this and other southern states were mainly an agrarian economy and everyone big..or old enough were expected to help and work in the fields.  It is often the case even now as this is still an accepted need on many of the farms.  Even though school starts up early, it also lets out early in the spring on Mother's day.  So, it pretty well evens out.

It has been a little cooler today.  It got up into the 90's, but that is a lot better than what we have experienced all summer.  If it is "cool" tomorrow I hope to get some outside work done.

So, that is life in the fast lane...or slow lane, for me.  I am in no hurry and I will take it as it comes.

+++

WATCH, STAND FAST
IN THE FAITH,
ACT LIKE MEN,
BE STRONG.
LET ALL
THAT YOU DO
BE DONE IN CHARITY

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14
t
Do you think that Saint Paul just meant that only men should be charitable?  Do you read and take that literaly?  Remember that Paul was writing over two thousand years ago in a male dominated culture.  In a large sense we are still in a male dominated society.  After all, it isn't women that makes war and turn the world upside down for the most part.  It's a co-effort on the part of both man and woman to do and extend charity and hospitality to our fellow travelers.  Do you do this... extend yourself as Paul exhorts?

END



An interesting note:

Most of my readers
continue to come
from other countries.

Why?
Because we are
letting religious freedom
be degraded and taken
from us...the U.S.A.
One slick maneuver
at a time.













No comments: