Tuesday, August 14, 2012

LOVE IS WHAT??


"Oh No! Look what you did; locked yourself out again!"  Yes, that was me ...grumbling to myself.  Fortunately I had an extra set of keys.  Yes, I have done it before which is why I have extra keys-a couple sets of them.

After I dug out my keys, got back into the house and retrieved my car keys...I went shopping-stocking up.

I found a big can of Maxwell House Coffee for $6.00.  It was the last can on the shelf.  I also got a few boxes of raisins for $1.00 per box.  That may sound like a good bargain, but the boxes are getting smaller.  I found TP for $7.50 for 24 rolls.  The rolls are also getting smaller.  There is about a 2 inch gap when you put the TP on the roller and  it is only 1 ply.  Not the best, but you take what you can find on sale.  I did get a few other items, but not much more or interesting, although I don't know just how interesting toilet paper a can be.

That pretty well covers my day...non-eventful and lazy

+++

HEREIN IS LOVE,
NOT THAT WE
LOVED GOD,
BUT THAT HE
LOVED US
AND SENT
HIS SON
TO BE
THE
PROPITIATION
FOR OUR SINS.


1 John 4:10





Can anyone define love in the human sense?  A mother loves her children, but can it be described?  Do you think that love is an abstract that can be painted, boxed, canned, put into words or truly comprehended?  Is love chemical, biological or spiritual...all three?

We "know" that we "love," and if we are fortunate, we are loved in our lifetime, yet we do not fully understand it.  We know that love can start from nothing and grow, expand and encompass, become a raging fire, preserve or even burn itself out.  The love that we are aware of is flawed, but seeks perfection in our time.  We stumble, scrap our knees, pick ourselves up and continue the search for unblemished love; that steady, unwavering flame.  Only God has and gives us untarnished, unvarnished, unfailing love.  We fail in our humanness to quite grasp what SPIRITUAL love is, but we will take it, and try to give love in return.  "Love one another as I have loved you."  Who said that?  Oh, I know...I hope you do, too.

END








No comments: