Tuesday, August 28, 2012

IT RAINED AND RAINED SOME MORE

It rained and it rained and it rained some more.  Good.  We are about 14 inches below normal.  We will probably get more rain as the hurricane comes inland and up into the Ohio Valley.  While a deluge will be bad in other places, it is just what we need in mid-America.

This day I have a headache.  It is probably caused from the changing weather and humidity.  My sinus are misbehaving, too.  I will accept it, because we need whatever rain and moisture we get poured down upon us.

OK, I stayed in where it was nice and dry.  I didn't get much done again.  Washing and drying cloths is no big accomplishment in the greater scheme of life's achievements.  Especially as I remember how my mother had to heat water on an old wood stove and scrub cloths out on a scrub board.  Now, that was an accomplishment.  Mothers seldom get credit for their hard work.  It is just "expected."

As I do have a headache, I will wind this up and go to bed.

The following is from the daytime prayers of the Liturgy of the hours.  Read it as you will.

+++
Let every man be quick to hear, slow to speak; for a man's anger does not fulfill God''s justice.  If a man does not control his tongue imagines that he is devout, he is self-deceived; his worship is pointless.

James 1: 19b, 20, 26
 
 
The very last four words have me wondering.  Is worship ever pointless?  Is there not a small glimmer of worth in a vain person's prayers, public or private?  I think of all the real, last moment conversions of body and spirit, and of the thief on the cross.  If I....or  anyone, worships with conceit, self-imagery of importance, lack of apparent verbal discipline or anger, does that mean that his/her worship is without merit..value...pointless? I think that anytime someone can give GOD praise, it does not fall on HIS deaf ears.  There is always hope for true atonement for the spirit to ignite, flare and become a light in the darkness, leaving the ash of a former self behind.  What do you think?


END

No comments: