Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A day to make the whole world glad

Well, I wouldn't call this a lazy day, but I have been out most of the day and didn't get home 'til about 3 P. M.  by that time I was ready for a good nap.

I went to the Red Lobster with a friend and we over-ate.  It was an all you can eat shrimp promotion and I love shrimp.  My friend had salmon, but we both needed to be rolled out of the Red Lobster in a wheelbarrow.  It is a good thing we don't do that too often.  It was good.

Tomorrow I need to get serious about a few things around the house and do another load of cloths, do some vacuuming and go to the store to get some minor things.

A new grocery store is about to open here in town and that is good.  Our grocery store is owned by Food Giant and there just isn't any competition.  Maybe the new store will help lower some of the prices on food.  It is called Rule and I know they have stores in other areas.  And we are about to get a new restaurant called Tokyo.  That might not be a good thing for me as I know that I will just have to go and try it out. 

When I was out I went to the music store and got some new guitar strings and a recorder.  I don't know how to play a recorder, but it might be fun and they are inexpensive.  Cheap entertainment for me.

What else is new...nothing.  Debts incur and money disappears.  Mystical loss of buying power.  While I am mostly out of debt and intend to stay out of debt, there is never enough money to really call "disposable funds."  Of course...I could stop eating out.  Um...maybe.

+++

WE KNOW
ALL THINGS
WORK
TOGETHER
FOR GOOD
TO THEM
THAT LOVE
GOD,
SO TO THEM
WHO ARE
CALLED
ACCORDING
TO HIS
PURPOSE.

Romans 8: 28

I suppose as one reads my post they may assume that I have money to burn, nothing to do, and am a glutton.  Actually I am pretty sedate.  I don't drink, smoke, run around and I try to stay on the straight and narrow path.  Occasionally I splurge as I did today, but as the saying goes, "Man does not live on bread alone."  Everyone needs to get out and about and enjoy some of the simple pleasures of life.  We need to unwind and free ourselves of the stresses and anxieties that we face daily.  Yes, I have a few manic moments, too.  We all do.  We all need to find some simple releases from the world that gives us headaches, heartaches, soul-aches, unrequited dreams, or whatever ails us as a person or a people.  Life is often hard and difficult even for those that are in the best situations of their journeys.  So, on occasion, I seek to forget the cares of the day and just enjoy each breath I take.  Life is for the living and we are to appreciate some of the finer days or activities enhances the spirit within.  Christ enjoyed the wedding at Cana.  Let every day be a wedding day in some small way.

As I write this I am well aware that there are nations and peoples and individuals that are so ground down, that live in sorrow, pain, affliction, hunger and such deprivation that they feel no hope, that would think that I am rich, which I am not,  yet I am, for God is my life, wealth and tower.  I can only say that I am richly blessed to live where I am and wish and pray for the same blessings for all.


END





No comments: