Wednesday, September 26, 2012

EXCEPT FOR ME!

This has been a quiet day if you discount the rolling thunderstorm we had this eve.  It seems strange to have a thunderstorm with lightning after the long drought of the summer.  It is almost a rare event.  Some prognosticators are calling for a wet winter, some say it will be a winter without snow and I say...wait and see.  We will get what we get. Be prepared for a dull winter season or for a few surprises.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the dentist.  I seem to have an infection somewhere in one of my crowns.  I should have called on Friday, but the dentist is semi-retired and not really in after the middle of the week.  I am lucky that I am getting in tomorrow.

I hope to get two new tires put on the van tomorrow after the trip to the dentist.  The tires are the original tires that came with the van, but they are now seven plus years old and cracking on the inner sidewalls.  Even though they don't look old I know that they are subject to cracking and road fatigue.  Like people...they may look good on the outside, but you can't can't see the wear and tear on the inside.  I hope to get the front tires replaced this month and the back tires changed out next month.  And it all depends on the trip to the dentist and how much it will cost to have my tooth fixed...again.

There was another funeral mass at church today.  I am glad the it followed the mass that I was attending at the time.  As I said, funeral masses are not my favorite services, esp. if I do not know the person.  I have decided to skip my own.

+++
 
HAVE NO ANXIETY,
BUT IN EVERY
PRAYER
AND SUPPLICATION
WITH
THANKSGIVING
LET YOUR PETITIONS
BE KNOWN TO GOD.
***
 
Philippians 4: vs. 6
 
Do you pray for yourself or just for others?  You should remember yourself and your own needs and intentions in your prayers.  You may say that God already knows what you need and your intentions.  Like any good parent He wants to hear you say it...mean it...ask for it.  A loving parent will always answer the needs of his or her child, if only that they might say to the father or mother...I love you...I am your loving child.  Even a spoiled child can be heard through an earnest  request or plea.  And yes, we are all spoiled children of God.(except for me, of course:)!
 
 
END
 


No comments: