Thursday, September 6, 2012

MAKE A JOYFUL NOISE!

This evening I finished off the slab of barbecue ribs that I got out of the freezer several days ago.  Ribs are not a favorite of mine, but I am eating what I have.  The freezer is getting an empty look, but I still won't go hungry.  Because of my penchant for "Stocking Up" there are plenty of canned goods to dig into.  I would rather have them on hand for the winter months, but right now they are coming in handy.

Politics are rampant on TV.  I don't watch the big conventions and all the buzz that goes with all the hype.  And that is what it is; all hype.  I will not vote for either candidate that is running.  I have nothing against Obama or Romney, but I feel that there were better men running in the beginning that have dropped out. Politics is all about money and power and the "good guys" just didn't get the financial clout or backing.  They just were not part of the "good 'ol boys" club.   We will get whoever the "good 'ol boys" decide they will find most advantageous to their agendas.  It has been a very,very long time since we have had real "democratic" elections.  Probably not since Lincoln.

Anyway, I don't know how I got of on this tangent as it was really not what was on my mind.  That's what happens when you get stuck in the house; you get stupid fever, and revert to politics.  Please do not get "stupid politics fever."  You will die of boredom.

This what I was really thinking about:  I wonder why?  Yes, I do wonder why.  As the Liturgy of the Hours(LOTHs)is the official prayer of the Church and we(all)are exhorted to pray the Liturgy daily, I wonder why the Church  has never picked out more uplifting, loving, joyful, positive Psalms as the daily prayers of the day.  So many of the Psalms of the day are negative, violent, depressing, hostile, fearful of God and of a vengeful God mind set.  There are so many Psalms to incorporate into the LOTHs. I just wonder why the Church has not presented these prayers in a more illuminated venue within the LOTHs.

The Psalms are never to be cast out or done away with.  They are the foundational platform of today's Church.  The Psalms are great literature and poetry.  Of course, they are to be kept, but I think I would pray more effectively if more joyful psalms were the greater part of the LOTHs.

As Christ came to suppliant the old and introduce us to gospel of love, forgiveness and tolerance, shouldn't the official prayer of the Church reflect this in greater portions?  Well, I am just wondering.  I am not an authority on any of this and I will abide by the Church's wisdom...but as I am a little simple-minded... I just wonder.

+++
 
REJOICE IN THE LORD
ALWAYS;
AGAIN I SAY REJOICE..
 
Philippians 4: 4
 
My God is a God of peace, joy, love and tolerance.
 
END


No comments: