Thursday, September 20, 2012

WORK IS PRAYER, TOO



Yes, I did.  I worked hard.  It may not appear so, but the yard work I did was slow, tedious, and physical.  I have a lot more to do before the fall season is upon us.  The spirit is willing, but...I'm not as young as I used to be!

Tomorrow I will just forget about working hard and just go on to mass.  I will enjoy that a whole lot more, I think.  After mass there is plenty to do inside the house.  Or I may get ambitious if it doesn't rain and go back out into the yard.  Or I may go shopping and get a few few things...decisions...decisions...Oh, what shall I do.

The leaves are starting to turn and drop.  They are actually drying on the trees and coming down.  They are not pretty this year.  The drought is probably the reason why and we are still below normal for rainfall.  That may change and the leaves may yet become lovely to look at.

As I worked myself well, and I am well tired out, I will go to bed early and seep well, I will.  LOA's.

+++
 
LET YOUR HAND
BE READY
TO HELP ME,
FOR I HAVE
CHOSEN
YOUR PRECEPTS
I LONG
FOR YOUR .
SALVATION
O LORD,
AND YOUR LAW
IS MY DELIGHT.
 
Psalm 118: vs 173-174
 
****
 
Psalm 118 is pretty long and has 176 verses.  However, it is worth the time to read it and it is divided into sections that make it a bit easier to follow.  Of course, all of the Psalms should be read and digested.  The Psalms or the main structure of the Liturgy of the Hours, or the LOTH's, found in the official prayers of the church. Not everyone is so blessed as to have a LOTH's prayer book, let alone a Bible.
 
By the way, different Bibles may be translated according to the language  and numbered slightly differently, too.  But if you search you will find what you are looking for...and more.
 
END
 


No comments: