Friday, September 14, 2012

FLEET OF FOOT


I went shopping.  I got a gallon of milk.  The price of milk has come down.  Today it was $2. 18 for whole milk.  What was funny is that 2% and skim milk cost more.  They are milk products that have been denuded of wholesomeness that we grew up on.   Try getting milk in a fast food place.  Most places do not carry it because they make a good profit on soft drinks.  One fast food place that does have milk is Wendy's.  Order milk for your children when you go out and see what you won't get.  Good luck trying to find a fast food place that has milk for kids instead of soft drinks.

Anyway, I did get a few groceriess, most of which are still in the van.  I brought in the perishables and left the canned goods in the van.  I will bring them in as I can.

I like to go to The Family Dollar Store because I can get Tomato and Chicken Noodle soups there for fifty cents a can.  So, today I got eight cans.  It is really good to have them on hand, especially since for the last three weeks I have not been out to buy food.  'Though I have  a lot in the freezer yet, it is slowly dwindling away.  I do want to use it all up, 'though, so that it doesn't get too old.

The weather has changed as we near the autumnal equinox.  We will soon be changing  time, too.  Right now I am enjoying the cool nights and really nice days of mid-September.  I sleep well when it is cooler.  And we got a light rain today; we still need rain.



+++
 
 
DO YOU NOT KNOW
THAT THOSE WHO
RUN IN A RACE,
ALL INDEED RUN,
BUT ONE
RECEIVES THE
PRIZE?
SO RUN
AS TO
OBTAIN IT.
 
1 Cor. 9: 24



 
I hope that all are fleet footed with strong lungs and the determined will to win the race.  The course is long and arduous.  There is rough ground to be covered; the track is often pitted with obstacles that can't be seen or felt until we stumble.  Chances are that we will fall often as we run the race, than in coursing  smoothly along the way.  We will find ourselves down on one knee, two knees and trying to get to our spirits upright again.  I, for one, need to be helped up and propped up and given a little shove forward...now and again.  It is why I go to Mass(church) so that I can move with some resolve to finish the race and win the prize.  Wish me good blessings and push me on.  I fall often as I round the track.  Pick me up, Lord, and set my feet and face toward you, into the sun.
 
END




No comments: