Friday, September 28, 2012

THE SHEEP OF THE SHEPHERD-THAT'S US

It rained a little this morning so I didn't get an early start on the day.  I guess that I am just lazy.  After mass at 12:05 I did go to the Dollar Store and get a few things.  I have had a list for some items that I needed for over a month now.  I finally got what I needed.  Not anything really important, but good to have in the house.  I did find milk in a box which is something that I have looked for for months.  It good to have this kind of milk as it is shelf stable and will last for months without refrigeration.  I may go back and get more...after I count my pennies and nickles.




I also brought in a few items that I have been storing in the van and have more to haul in.  I just don't know where to put it.  I am about done with my "stocking up" and will only buy items that are really good purchases or in  a good sale.  It sounds like I like to spend money, but I hate shopping.  It is a chore...a work of necessity.  Just about done with it.  Well and good.
+++
 
WHO WILL
SEPARATE US
FROM THE
LOVE OF CHRIST?
TRIAL,
OR DISTRESS,
OR PERSECUTION,
OR HUNGER,
NAKEDNESS OR
HUNGER OR
DANGER OF
THE SWORD?
AS SCRIPTURE SAYS:
"FOR YOUR SAKE
WE ARE BEING
SLAIN ALL THE
DAY LONG.
WE ARE LOOKED
UPON AS SHEEP
TO BE
SLAUGHTERED."


This is from Paul to the Romans, Chapter 8, verse 35-36.  It is from the The New American Bible or translation.  I won't really comment much on it other than to say that we have all felt like sheep being led to the slaughter at one time or another. Don't follow the sheep.  Follow the Shepherd instead.


END







No comments: