Tuesday, September 4, 2012

PROPHECY OF SOPHONIAS...WHO?

This afternoon I did a little "house cleaning" on my blog page.  I removed several inactive or nearly inactive blog roll sites.  It is something that I needed to do for some time and finally got to it.  Now, if I can just clean house.

I have been trying to walk about without the aid of a cane or holding on to furniture.  Maybe I am not quite ready to declare independence.  Time heals all sore tootsie and I have the time.  Just not the patience as there are many things waiting to be done.

There are several subjects that I would like to write about, but not now.  I guess I will let the subjects roil around in my head, steep for a bit and let them peculate through.  We make better coffee and tea that way, too.  It is like using a strainer to remove all grounds and tea leaves that just make the brew less palatable. But...I'll get to it...in time.

I had hoped to get out to week-day mass tomorrow, but I don't think I will make it.  My foot is still puffy, bruised and "speaks" to me when I put much weight on it.  Boo Hoo, and all that.  There are people far worse off than me, so I will take it as it comes.  I will call it a minor "gift" of suffering and offer it up for any grace that can be derived from it.  And yes, it is minor; just inconvenient.  I can and will, live
with it.

Another local boy is coming home from Afghanistan the silent way, under a flag draped coffin.  Of what use is war?  What does it accomplish?  While I respect and admire our young gladiators, I can not see the good of loss of life on both sides of the world's everlasting wars.  I suppose I am being idealistic and pray for better solutions to such useless bloodshed and losses....there must be a better way...and there is.
 
+++
 
BE SILENT
BEFORE THE FACE
OF THE LORD
GOD,
FOR THE DAY
OF THE LORD
IS NEAR;
FOR THE LORD
HAS PREPARED
A VICTIM
HE HAS
SANCTIFIED
HIS GUESTS.
 
Sophonias 1: 7
 
We don't hear a lot from the prophecy of Sophonias.  It is only a couple of pages of prophecy and  quickly read.  It is the foretelling of punishment upon the Jews, diverse nations, the coming of Christ, and the conversion of the Gentiles.  You may wish to read all of it; it won't take you long.

The "victim" is Christ and his "sanctified guest, the Apostles.  At the same time you might see the people of our times as victims as well.  Victims of a societies sliding backwards and  cultures losing their  principles and foundations.  If you build upon a "Rock" you will not be swept away.
 
END
 
 







No comments: