Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pray now or pay later.

It's been a long day.  Technically and scientifically it has just a little bit shorter than yesterday.  The days are getting shorter, but this felt like a long day.

I went to the dentist, had an X-Ray, had a "shot" to kill the discomfort while the dentist "probed."  I am now on Cipro for the infection, but I get to keep the tooth and did not need to have more drilling and work.  I hope the Cipro kicks in.

Next on the agenda was a trip to the garage for two new tires which took a long, long time...too long.  Also, they fixed a brake light that was out. 

By the time I got out of the garage I was starving so I stopped to get something to eat.  Never, never try to use a straw after having Novocain or you will have fluid squirting out the side of your mouth....and you will bite your lip...and you can't chew.  By the time I got home it was "late" and I was tired.  That made it a "long day."

So, now I have a sore mouth and a lot less money.  The dentist was $80.00, the tires and brake light came to $269.00
and the Cipro was only about $4.00. with my insurance.  Ah, poverty, poverty, it strikes again.  I am better off than many here and abroad, 'though, because I stock up whenever I can.  Still, I don't have a lot of money to part with so I am fairly careful in most expenditures.  I don't worry too much about anyone online getting into my bank account...it just wouldn't be worth anyone' time or effort.  So please don't; this isn't an invitation.

+++
 
OUR FATHER
WHO ART
IN HEAVEN,
HALLOWED
BE THY NAME.
THY KINGDOM
COME,
THEY WILL
BE DONE,
ON EARTH
AS IT IS
IN HEAVEN.
GIVE US
OUR DAILY
BREAD,
AND FORGIVE
US OUR DEBTS,
AS WE ALSO
FORGIVE
OUR DEBTORS,
AND LEAD US
NOT INTO
TEMPTATION,
BUT DELIVER US
FROM EVIL.
 
This is, of course, the prayer that Jesus taught to His disciples.  Most of us know this prayer: it is from Saint Matthew, Chapter 6, verse 9.  The reason I post it is because not everyone that comes to this site has a Bible and can not look it up.  In many countries a Bible is forbidden and having one can cost a Christian dearly.  We, here in the States, do not know what a privilege and precious right we have for the freedom of worship.  Care for it well, America, for this is a right that is under attack.  Pray for peace.
 
END



No comments: