Wednesday, September 12, 2012

PENNIES FROM HEAVEN

O-U-T!  I went to Mass at noontime.  Tomorrow I will try to do a little shopping.  I want something good that isn't good for me.  And milk...I want milk.  I need milk for my coffee.

After I got home from Mass I didn't do much.  I fell asleep on the couch.  I did stop for gas on the way home.  It has come down from $3.96. 9/10 to $3. 76.  I don't know why they add the nine tenth of a cent, but they always do.  They might as well tell the truth in pricing and just add the extra penny.  You never see something like $15.00 and nine tenth on a receipt, do you?  All those nine tenth of a penny add up when people buy gas all across the nation.  Clever, yes?

+++
 
FOR THERE
IS NOTHING
HIDDEN
THAT WILL
NOT BE MADE
MANIFEST
NOR IS
ANYTHING
CONCEALED
THAT WILL
NOT COME
TO LIGHT.
 
Mark 5: 23
 
It isn't any secret that you/we-now spend about half a working year just to pay taxes.  What we don't think about or often don't know of, is the multitude of hidden taxes.  There are taxes one everything. Just sit down and think about it and start adding up all the little taxes that we render to the government, state, city and all the local levies upon your income.  Probably a good portion of your "disposable income" seeps away through all the little cracks, and holes in the tax structure.  Of course, we  need to pay our just due in taxes, but it does say in the Bible that we are to "Render unto Cesare what is Cesare's and to God what is God's.  We pay our taxes to the powers that be, but what do we pay or give to God?
 
END
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: