Saturday, September 22, 2012

PAPER CUTTING THE CHURCH

Tomorrow is Sunday...all day...and I get the day off...other than going to mass.  I won't want to get up because it is supposed to be down in the 40's in the morning.  I will want to stay snug in my bed, all warm and toasty.  I will get up, 'though and turn on the heater in the bathroom for my shower.

I am not a person that really likes cold weather.  I don't like it too hot, either.  I am a picky person, but in the end I will take what I get and like it...well, maybe.

I have had a headache most of the day which is probably from sinus blockages.  I guess it will leave after the first frost.  I tried to work outside a little this afternoon, but I was attacked by "Killer Mosquitoes."  I gave up and came back inside.  The tiny ones hurt more than the big daddy one's and itch like crazy.  Maybe after the first frost they will be gone, too.

Some areas just north of here will probably get an early frost.  This would be early as the average frost in this area is around Oct. 15th.  What a odd weather year it has been.

There isn't much news or events of interest.  I did read that the deer herd is infected with some sort of malady in more than 40 counties.  I didn't read the article well.  I don't know what the deer have picked up this fall.  And It is fall.  We just had the Autumnal Equinox.  Winter will be our next guest.  I hope when she comes to visit that she doesn't stay too long.  I have my suspicions that she will be an unwanted house guest when she does show up.  Sigh...


+++
 
WHEN GOD
IN THE BEGINNING
CREATED MAN,
HE MADE HIM
SUBJECT
TO HIS OWN
FREE CHOICE.
IF YOU CHOSE
YOU CAN KEEP
THE COMMANDMENTS;
IT IS LOYALTY
TO DO HIS WILL.
 
***
Sirach 15: 14-15
 
Did you know that you have free will and the freedom to make life choices, good or bad or even indifferent?  At least in the U.S.A. we still believe that.  As I write this I know that religious freedom is being whittled away on all fronts in the most insidious manners.  Like tiny paper cuts, we may not see where the little knife has sliced into our basic tenants of Freedom of Religion and of Free Speech; the multiple little wounds are the cuts that hurt the most.  The church is under attack and is being marginalized in such a manner.  Will we chose to defend what we deem sacred and God inspired?   Defend with the Written Word  and Sacred practices, with the mouth you have for spreading what is true and Biblical.
 

END
 





No comments: