Wednesday, September 19, 2012

LIFE JACKET OR LIIFE LINE

I think that tonight is a good night to wear my "warmies" to bed.  Last night it was down around 44 degrees and tonight it will be similar.  My "warmies" are a sweat shirt and sweat pants.  That was my sole intent for them when I bought them; to keep me warm at night.  I could smell wood smoke this morning so someone had a fire going for heat.  I don't want to turn on the heat until I absolutely must-like in November!

I generally do not like to attend funeral masses, if I can avoid them.  Today's mass was for someone I didn't know and I went...thinking that it was an older person, and often the older a person is, the sparser the the turnout to see them on their journey.

Today the mass was quite beautiful and there were a lot of family and friends to see him off.  I wish all funeral masses were so spiritual and uplifting for the grieving family members.
 
After I got home I changed my cloths and went to work in the yard.  There is so much to be done.  Even 'though I worked hard last week in the the yard, I am still trying to catch up with it.  For that reason I will skip mass tomorrow and try to get a lot more done.  I won't be able to get outside work  done on Friday as there is a prediction for rain.  So, on Friday, if it does rain, I will haul myself off to church.

So...tonight I am even more tired that I was last night...and both my feet hurt...and everything else, too!  Well, someone has to do it...LOA's!

I am thinking of making a big, big pot of home made Chili. It is now the season for it and it is so good and filling.  My mother used to make a version of it.  She would add noodles of one type or an other and some vegetables.  She got no complaints from us!  I will need to pick up a lb. or two of hamburger as I don't have any on hand or in the freezer.

+++
 
I WILL LEAVE
IN THE MIDST
OF THEE
A POOR
AND NEEDY
PEOPLE,
AND THEY
SHALL HOPE
IN THE NAME
OF THE LORD.
 
Sophonias 3,  part 11-vs. 11
 
Sophonias is an interesting prophet and I have referred to his writings before. He speaks of the coming of Jesus and of the conversions of the Gentiles as well as the punishments of diverse nations.  There is nothing new today that was not foreseen in the times of and reign of Josias.  We are still in the same boat and trying to paddle it upstream.  Our boat is ever leaking and the current is strong against us.  I hope everyone has a life jacket and it is of good Christ-made quality.  PAX
 
END
 
 

No comments: