Saturday, September 8, 2012

ME STRONG! HOWABOUT YOU?

Cabin Fever...I have cabin fever.  That means that I have not been out for two weeks, unless you count mowing grass.  I don't.  Well, I am saving money, 'though.  I can't get out to spend any. 

I mopped the kitchen floor.  It was a sit down job.  I thought I missed some spots or that I was seeing spots before my eyes.  What I thought were spots were actually little bumps and dimples in the linoleum.  I only figured that out after I mopped those "spots" a second time, tried to scrape the  spots off and then shone a bright light on the "spots."  Dumb me, trying to  mop up what wasn't there.  Well, I did say it was a sit down job.

I cooked a late supper of steak and onions.  I was pretty hungry after all that "work and spot checking."  It was a good meal as I haven't really cooked much for the last couple of weeks.  Lunch meat and soup are OK, but I wanted to eat about half a cow.  And I got all my pots and dishes cleaned up, too.  The kitchen looks semi-better.  Just don't look too closely.

Spiders, spiders, everywhere.  The weather is changing and the insects know it before we do.  It will be cool tonight and in the morning.

Again, I won't be going out for Mass in the morning.  I don't trust myself to hobble about among a lot of people.  They won't mean to, but there are always little pushes here and there and people stepping on toes.  So...I am keeping my toes at home.  I just don't think I can do it yet.

I have been watching INTO THE WEST this afternoon.  It was good twenty years ago and it is good today.  It is one re-run that I don't mind seeing over again.  It keeps with the historical account of the opening of the west and at the same time tells a good story.  It is worth watching over and I will.

+++
 
 
THEY THAT WAIT
UPON THE LORD
SHALL RENEW
THEIR STRENGTH
((THEY SHALL PUT
ON STRENGTH
AS A NEW GARMENT));
THEY SHALL
MOUNT UP
WITH WINGS
AS EAGLES;
THEY SHALL RUN
AND NOT BE WEARY;
THEY SHALL WALK
AND NOT FAINT.
 
Isiah 40: 31
 
God give us the promise of strength, not in this life, but in the next.  In this life we need strength, as well.  We need strength of character, resolve, determination and the will to make the right choices, and follow the right path of faith.  Sometimes we are not very strong and do not adhere to what we know is the right way of strength.  As I am hard-headed, stubborn and willful, I often rely  on my own devices and concepts of strength.  Of course, I know better, but there is   wisdom in learning through a few hard knocks...sort of a wake-up-call, if you will.  I have had a few wake-up calls, haven't you?  In the end we know that our strength comes from God and not from ourselves.
 
END
 
 
 
 


No comments: