Monday, September 10, 2012

LIFE

I smell something bad.  It's dead.  I don't  know what it is. I don't know where it is.  I don't know if it is inside or outside.  Believe me, I have looked.  I just know that something is dead.  Maybe that is why the dogs next door were barking for hours and  hours.

This has been an uneventful day.  Nothing to write about, brag about, complain about or talk about.  Just another day;  gift.

I was thinking about religion.  I equate religion with socks.  Yup, socks.  Every morning when we get up we put on clean socks or stockings.  Like starting a new day with clean socks, we start our day out fresh and ready to walk the day away.

Religion is a little like that.  Each day we can begin to "hit the road" and move forward with clean feet and hose, or a clean slate, if you will.  A strange analogy, I know, and some of my socks are a little worn and need repair work.  We are like the socks; if there are holes in your socks you need to stop and take stock of your socks and mend them...or put on  new or better "socks" or "new garments," casting off what does not serve The Lord.

I read last night that trials are gift.  There are a gift if you learn from the trials and tribulations, and they bring you into the presence or closer to God, but I believe the greatest gift is life itself.  Without the gift of life all else is pretty much meaningless.
 
 
I AM THE WAY,
THE TRUTH,
AND THE LIFE;
NO MAN
COMES UNTO
THE FATHER
BUT BY ME.
 
John 14:6
 
END
 

 
 
 
 





No comments: