Monday, September 24, 2012

Going with the flow

I didn't do much today.  I just didn't want to.  I could have and should have...but didn't.  I did bring in an electric heater from the back storage area.  I won't need it tonight, but I will have it inside when I need it.  I won't wait until the last minute to pull it out.  I think that I should get some kerosene for the kerosene heater, too, and have that ready as well.

This week is supposed to be a week of off and on rain and showers.  It will warm up slightly, too.  The weather man says that there may be a more than normal rain amount for September.  Well, guess what...September is fading fast so Mother Nature will have to step it up a little.

One thing that I intend to do before cold sets in is to make a door/draft snake for the back door/s.  I need to buy a bag of Kitty Litter for the filling  I have plenty of heavy material on hand.  I just need to get myself into gear with it.  I swear, I am getting lazier by the day.  Somebody come give me a good push.

I slept late this morning because I stayed up until the wee hours watching a good kid movie.  I have not stayed up that late for some time.  That probably accounts for my non-productive day.  Well, I had good intentions, 'though!

Yesterday I stayed at the Home after mass and had lunch with Father and his lunch (table) bunch.  He is elderly and is still not quite up to par from his bout with pneumonia.  I am not sure he really knows my name after all the years because he always referres to me or introduces me as the person that took care or his sister when she was a resident.  Well, that is OK.  He is very hard of hearing and in his eighties.  Other people took care of his sister, too, but I don't know if he remembers.  That's all right, too.

So,  I will soon be off to bed.  I won't make any plans for tomorrow.  I will just go with the flow of time and circumstances.  And that is OK.  That's life in my slow lane.

+++
 
CASTING ALL
YOUR CARES
UPON HIM
FOR HE CARES
FOR YOU.
 
1 Peter 5: 7
 
***
 
I read two different translations of this short verse, and of course they are slightly different, yet the same.  You may wish to read more of 1 Peter for the full context.  It is always enlightening.  Read, read, read.
 
END

No comments: