Wednesday, September 5, 2012

THE DIVINE LIURGY-WORD

I've been looking through some of my old prayer books and Missals as well as older-now out of date-Divine Office Books...or the Liturgy of the Hours.  There have been a lot of changes over the years.  The Divine Office used to be a lot easier to pray.  Times change and so must we.  From what I have been reading The LOTH will change again.   As the Church moves slowly and deliberately, I won't worry about it in my life time. 

I like things simple and some of the changes are simple, but not all.  I think that keeping the LOTH in a simple, easy format, would be most advantageous for all that pray the Divine Office.  Or it could be that I just don't like flipping pages or places in the Book.

As you know, the Liturgy of the Hours is the official prayer of the church and all are encouraged to pray the Office on a daily bases, if possible.  Not everyone has access to an Office Book or the money to buy one.  In such such instances I would say use and pray in out-dated books as opposed to not praying at all.  God know your intents. 

My reasoning for such a recommendation is that many of my readers are from other countries and not able to acquire prayer books of any kind.  Use what you have or can acquire, perhaps from donations.  If all else fails...and especially, pray in your heart.  You will be heard.

Lots of wind today and some rain.  My yard looks like a jungle now, and I can't get out to mow it.  We need the rain so I shouldn't complain.  We are still below the average rain level.  Let it rain.  I can live with high grass as long as I don't find a big lizard slithering thereabouts.  Nope, don't want any jungle creatures in the tall grass, either.

+++
 
I WILL PRAY
WITH THE SPIRIT,
I WILL PRAY ALSO
WITH  THE
UNDERSTANDING.
I WILL SING
WITH THE SPIRIT,
I WILL SING ALSO
WITH THE
UNDERSTANDING.
 
1 Cor. 14: 15
 
I read this passage with amusement.  Right now I can not sing a note.  I sound like a bull frog in the bottom of a barrel.  And that is pretty bad!
 
END
 



No comments: