Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 gone.....2013 slides in on a minor storm

New year's Eve of 2013.  I don't know what the rest of the world is doing tonight, but I am staying home and off the roads, drinking my hot tea.  Yes, plain ol' hot tea.  And I have the perfect remedy for a hangover.....don't...just don't.  You know exactly what I mean.  If you don't, you won't...have a wreak, fall down and break your head, waste your money or have a sick stomach and headache tomorrow.

Now as for New Year's resolutions, be practical.  You know you won't keep most of them anyway.  Why do we need to wait for the new year to do what is right in our lives, improve our lives or decree that we will become better persons.  Shouldn't that be a daily endeavor?  I hereby resolve not to make any New Year's resolutions.  I do hereby intend to be a better individual, the best that I can or the best that I know how.  Well, good luck to me!

We are about to have our third storm of 2012 to usher out the old and bring on the new.  Yes, another storm starts tonight and is supposed to welcome in 2013.  At lest it is supposed to be a mild event and not as generous to us as the last two snows that we had.  Even so, with all the late rains and the snows, we are still about 12 inches below normal rains which means that we are still in a drought. What, a drought in winter in the middle of the country?   Oh Noooo....well, actually yes. 

Speaking of droughts, we are also in a political drought, where actions need to take precedent, but very little gets done.  There is a bunch of parasites and old geezers pretending too act in our behalf and for the good of the country.  Well, Ho, Ho, Ho, said  Ol' Saint Nick as he gleefully got out of town, back to his domain of the North, where the banksters and the politicos can't find him.  Smart old man, that St. Nick!

January 1 is also a Holy Day of Obligation, THE SOLEMNITY OF MARY the mother of Jesus.  I hope I can make it out for the mass and that the roads are dry and not slick.

HAPPY
HOLY
BLESSED
NEW YEAR
FOR 2013
 
!!!
 
END
 
 








No comments: