Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pray for Peace on Earth, good will to ALL men

I have been in and out today, and not I didn't buy stuff.  I finally made it to the bank, 'though, and I did stop to eat out.  Tomorrow will be another "in and out" day, too.  And Saturday will be mostly out.  I will be leaving here around 8:45 or so, and don't really know what time I will be back.  I know that I will be tired.

Other then being out some for the next few days, there isn't much to write about.  I think everyone will be on speed dial for the next couple of weeks.

It is supposed to rain for the next couple of days, too.  Well, rain is better than snow as I will be out and about on the roads, within the city and elsewhere.  No, I won't be giving out details...you would be bored anyway.

Time is getting away from me.  There isn't much time left before Christmas and I am far from ready.  I hope everyone else is all set.  And it is a reminder to me that four years ago I shattered my right arm when I was trying to get ready for the holiday season.  That was a "yuck" experience. Yuck.

"Society is in decay
when common sense
has become uncommon."
 
from C. K. Chesterton
 
+++
 
GRACE BE TO YOU
AND PEACE
FROM GOD
OUR FATHER
AND THE LORD
JESUS CHRIST.
 
Paul to the Corinthians
Ch. 1: vs. 6
 
Hmm.  That sounds like a simple greeting, doesn't it.  Yet, is it?  It is kind of like "Peace on earth, good will to men."  Should be doable, right?  Yet, we have no peace, and not a lot of good tidings for our fellow travelers.  The greeting goes largely unheard in our tumultuous world of going nowhere fast.  Can we slow down...just a bit?  Can we consider the message and offer peace and good will to our neighbors next door and far away?  This being the time to reflect on the celebration of the Immaculate Conception and the Christmas tradition, we need to think about what is the true meaning and the ever reaching effect of the first coming of Christ.  Yes, I will be on the go myself for the next few days, but it is mostly Christ centered...or I pray that it be.  There has been so many sad happenings in the year of 2012; I will be glad to see it go and pray for all that have suffered by the hand of man and the forces of nature.  Amen.
 
 

END





No comments: