Monday, December 24, 2012

CHRISTMAS EVE

It's Monday, the day before Christmas and not Christmas Eve.  I am starting this post early as I will be out on Christmas Eve.  I will be at the Midnight Mass-if I can find a place to park.

We will not have snow for Christmas.  We have the promise of blizzard-like conditions on Tuesday eve. and on on Wednesday.  We may have up to eight inches of snow.  If so, I will not be going to church on Wednesday.  I guess I will have to get the snow shovel out...sigh.

I made a big pot of vegetable stew with leftover chicken and veggies.  It turned out well and it is good if you are watching your weight.  Lots of fat-free or low-fat soup and boiled eggs.  Tomorrow will be a guilt free day-yum.

I just go my utility bill in the mail.  It was $129. 45. for everything.  Gas, electric, sewer and water, school tax and miscellaneous.  I thought it would be higher as I have been , running the furnace a lot.  Yes, insulation, a closed front porch(foyer) and closed back porch make a big difference in your bills.  Now you know why I stay right where I am.

While it is bright and sunny out today there is a cool wind snaking and slithering about... Sssss! The weather is about to change; I feel it in my arm.

For anyone who prays the rosary; Today, on Monday, we pray the Joyful Mysteries.  It is so appropriate for the day as it is the mysteries of the annunciation-the announcement to Mary that she will deliver the Christ Child, of the visitation to Elizabeth that  she is also is carrying a special child(John, the Baptist)in her old age, the birth of  Jesus in a manger, the presentation and finding of Jesus in the temple.  Very timely on Christmas Eve.

END
P. S.  The wind chill is dropping and so is the temperature.

No comments: