Tuesday, December 18, 2012

DING DONG...ring my fixed door bell!

I finally got the door bell fixed.  It has been non-functional for months.  It was just finding the right sized battery for  it as it is wireless.  Now it is working again.  If someone comes and just knocks on the front door I can't hear them.  There are two more doors between them and me.  My house is well insulated and that makes it hard to hear whoever is at the front door.  In a way I don't want to know who is on the front porch, but occasionally people have had to call me on their cell phones while standing at the door.  For their sake I put in a little extra effort in finding the right sized battery.  Ding Dong!

I went back to Wal-Mart this afternoon and bought a bubble coat.  Tomorrow I take it back as it is the wrong size.  The clothing made overseas and in Asia are sized for smaller people even if the tag says differently.  This is not the first time I have had to take cloths back to the store and exchange it or get a refund.  I would like a new jacket that fits, thank you.

Gasoline is now down to $2.87 per gal.  I wonder how long that will last.  I think the economy is a lot more fragile than we know for and everyone is maxing out their credit cards while they can.

Everyone here is making an other run on the gun shops.  Gun restrictions will not stop violence.  In the past week a man in China stabbed around the same  number of children-around 20 kids, plus adults.  We have been at war since 9/11.  We have a culture primed and trained for war, blood and guts.  The video games are all about war and violence.  Do the players really know where the plot starts and ends and who is the good guy or the bad guy?  It is all fantasy to them.  And our news media feeds on mayhem like vultures and we follow it blindly.  I can not take any more of it so I read two books in two days, just to relieve my heart and soul of the News Media Misery.

It is getting cold again.  When I went out to the store it wasn't half bad, but when I came out out of the store there was a cold wind blowing and I was happy to get home and in by the furnace.  Sometimes it doesn't take much to make me happy!

+++
 
AMEN
I SAY TO YOU,
WHOEVER
DOES NOT ACCEPT
THE KINGDOM
OF GOD
AS A LITTLE CHILD
WILL NOT ENTER
INTO IT.
 
Mark 10: 15
 
Very simple or should be.  Jesus is telling us that we should live and love with the innocence and simplicity of a little child.  Is there hope for me yet as I have been construed as a little "simple" more than a few times?  We are such complex creations: I wonder why God made us so. 
 
END
 

 



No comments: