Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My soul magnifies the Lord

Another day of running about.  I was thinking that tomorrow I would be in for the most part, and get a few things done.  Doesn't look like it 'though.  I hope I have enough time in between stuff, to get some gas. 

Tomorrow I will be at the home watching the floor while the staff has a Christmas party.  I hope no one gets sick or falls.  Anyway, that pretty well will occupy my day after mass.  Hey, I like parties, too!  They better fix me a plate...or else.

Because I have been out so much I am washing and drying cloths late...again.  I wonder if I can catch up with all that needs to be done.  Ugh!

I did get back to the store and exchange the bubble jacket I bought yesterday.  This one fits.  I am not fond of the wine color of the jacket, but I will live with it.  As long as I am warm I will not complain for I know that there are many that don't have a warm coat...even in this country, the land of opportunity, milk and honey.  "The poor are always with us."

So...I am tired and going to bed soon...after I finish this last load of cloths.  I need clean cloths.

If anyone is reading the Bible, read the Magnificate-Canticle of Mary- in Luke, Ch. 1, vs. 46 through 55.  It is an outstanding work of literature without equal, and a very important passage in Luke's gospel. I will call it a hinge piece of the gospels for want of a better description.

In reading John there is not a mention of the Annunciation or the birth of Jesus in a stable.  Instead John goes almost directly to the public ministry and works of Jesus. Read both if you can, for John is a short gospel.

END 

No comments: