Wednesday, December 12, 2012

OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE

 An odd day, but interesting.  I went to mass this morning to find that mass was cancelled, but there would be a mass at 6 P. M. instead.  Even the deacon didn't know why mass was cancelled.  So I went about my business of the day, took the wine over to the nursing home and then came back home.  I went to the 6 P. M. mass.  It was a mass for the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  It was really nice with drums, songs in Spanish, a procession and a reenactment upon the alter of the vision/apparition of the Holy Blessed Mother.  I didn't understand much of the mass as Father Shonis celebrated the mass in Spanish.  Of course, you could follow the general form and prayers of the mass and I did enjoy it, but didn't expect it.

There are around 13.000 Spanish/Mexican families within the parish.  I didn't really know that.  I must say those little ones are so cute, esp. when they try to dance to the drums and sing.  They are the church of the future.

Tomorrow I will not be able to go to mass as I have an appointment with the Eye Dr.  I am sure it will take at least an hour or more as I have to go through a lot of tests.  My Eye Dr. keeps close tabs on my vision and pressure, which is good, but time consuming.  I am hoping to be done by the time of the 12:00 P. M. mass, but I doubt it.

I didn't get all that I wanted to do, done.  The split or different scheduling of the mass kind of changed my direction.  Well, I can go with the flow...roll with the tide...or any of that stuff, you know.  I just like to be a little more organized when possible.

And that was how my day went; how did yours go?


+++
 
NO DISCIPLE
IS ABOVE THE
TEACHER,
BUT WHEN
PERFECTED,
EVERYONE
WILL BE LIKE
HIS TEACHER.
 
Luke 6: 40
 
Oh, I know.  Your going to say that the above verse is not in keeping with the Feast of Our lady of Guadalupe.  Well, that is OK.  I like it.  Juan Diago was humble to the Virgin Mary's request and instructions; so we must be as well. 
 
END


No comments: