Monday, December 10, 2012

Cookes are good when your tired.

I attended the big celebration for the 75th anniversary of the Diocese on Saturday, the 8th, which was also the Feast Day of the Immaculate Conception.  Boy, was I tired.  Really tired.  We got back around 6: 30 P. M. and the big bus got stuck in the back driveway of the church parking lot.  I don't know how that turned out.  We just got off the bus and walked over to our cars.  I have a bad relationship with buses! 

Anyway, I was really worn out-I am not a kid anymore-and I was on my feet for more time than was fun.  I was so tired when I got home that I didn't want to cook anything or fix supper-I ate a whole box of cookies instead and went to bed.  I didn't want to get up Sunday morning and go to church, but I did.  And I actually went to bed early(for me)Sunday evening.

Today I have been equally lazy.  I did cook, 'though.  No box of cookies today!  I really needed to go to a few places and get a few things done, but mostly I stayed in.  Tomorrow, on Tuesday I need to play catch up with reality.

Christmas is barely 15 days away-or 14 days where or when
 you read this.  I think I want to change the calender and add a few days so that I can get lots of stuff done.

Other than being tired and non-productive, there isn't too much going on.  I hope the next couple days are quite and peaceful.  Well, I can hope...for we live on the hope and the promises of the Lord. 

+++
 
FOR IN ONE SPIRIT
WE ARE ALL
BAPTIZED
INTO ONE BODY,
WHETHER JEWS
OR GENTILES,
WHETHER SLAVES
OR FREE,
WE ARE ALL
GIVEN
TO DRINK OF
ONE SPIRIT.
 
Corinthians 12: 13
 
That says a lot, doesn't it.  We are all creations of God and we belong to him.  If you peel away the skin we are all brothers and sisters-family-beneath our flimsy wrappings.  It matters not if you are black or white, yellow or brown, or pink all over.  We all bleed and we all shed tears. We all love, suffer, have joy, heartaches, grieve and have losses, good and bad days.  We are the same.  We are his people.  Are you one of God's people persons?  This is a time for sharing, reconciliation among men and nations that follow the Lamb of God, He who came for our salvation and His birth we are about to celebrate.
 
 
END 
 


No comments: