Thursday, December 27, 2012

GOD IS AN ABSTRACT?

God is an abstract.  Like a painting on the wall; you may see the beauty the artist has rendered, but not be able to understand the picture within the frame. You can not see God, touch God, generally hear God's voice, and generally you can not feel God.  But that does not make God any less of what God is.  Some, in rare instances, have looked upon the face of God, and God has perhaps touched someone saintly, with the presence of His omnipotence.

We know that there is a God and that the God of Light is in all of us, perhaps brightly illuminating some, lighting the path for others, or only a dim spark in the soul of doubters and "disbelievers."

Yet, we know that there is a God in all things, within us, and everywhere.  Because we are of the human estate we can not envision God.  But God works through us as co-creators with the the capacity to imagine, construct a material world, seek the spiritual essance Him, and see God as only our limited vision can.

Look around and see the vast universe that God has created.  The cosmos is not a happy accident.  There is an elegance in the universe.  We, people of God, are such a complexity that only God could have made us.  Who can make a flower bloom or a tree bear fruit?  Man can procreate, but man can not create as God has.  You are special and have a God given dominion on the earth and over the earth.  And you/I have a soul.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I do not believe that there is a true atheist or agnostic.  We all believe that there is a "someone or a something" greater than we.  For me...I believe in God.  I may not understand all the greatness and fullness of God, but it is this simple.  I believe.  I see the presence of God in all that I look upon and God sees me.

The God who is an abstract to us, sent His Only Son to us, so that we would have a living, breathing, feeling savior that we could in our infancy of believing, relate to and follow the precepts that He taught.  He is the Shepherd of the flock and we are the lambs.  Jesus is the shepherd of our souls.

I wish I could express myself better and put into words what I am trying to convey.  I can't.  I am dumber than a box of rocks.  At the same time I wonder is anyone, philosopher, theologian or just a big brain, can explain God.  If you can, and you know, let me in on whatever secrets you hold.

I suppose that sometimes I am hard to follow.  I often have a hard time trying to understand what I write.  I guess I try to write as the Spirit directs me.  I hope that I, in my weakness of understanding, do not mis-direct anyone here.  After all, it isn't like I am a Thomas Merton


END

No comments: