Friday, December 7, 2012

MY SANTA'S WISH LIST

Dear Santa;

I haven't had the time to pen you my wish list the old fashioned way via the Post Office's snail mail.  Besides I couldn't get near the Post Office today so that I might send off a couple cards.  So, I am sending my Christmas Wish List directly to you through cyber mail, knowing that it will get to you in plenty of time.

I don't need much, Santa, and am not asking for much for myself, but on behalf of all those who have grater needs than I.  I have what I need, Santa.  I have a roof over my head, food for the table and a warm bed to sleep in.  While I am far from rich or affluent, there are those that have none of these basics that most of us take for granted.

And I have tried to be a good, decent person, Santa.  I am hoping that you are aware of my efforts to please others and not myself.  Naughty or nice, this is my Wish list for the end of year 2012 and a new beginning for 2013.

First and foremost on my list is:
I wish for true Peace on earth,
Good will to men.
A pretty tall order, Santa,
and I hope there is room
in your ample bag of
for these gifts.
 
I  wish that no child
to go to bed hungry or cold,
alone or afraid.
Can you manage that, Santa?
Or maybe your helpers
can work on that and make it so.
 
I wish that our government
would search and find
the ideals of the past;
the values and mores
 that made
our county great.
 
I wish that all who may be
sick or suffering
find health and relief
from all that grieves them
in this life,
and joy, peace and love
in the next.
 
Am I asking too much, Santa?
I know that you are
a rather busy fella, esp, now,
at this time of the year.
I also know that no one
is a tototaly free agent or
really, truly his own boss.
 
I know that you have a Boss, too.
He is bigger than all of us
and can grant all wishes
if He is asked to do so
according to His plan.
 
So, Dear Old Santa,
if you can not find
a place in your
big, red bag,
would you ask Him,
The really, really, Big Boss
to look over my wish list
in His own determined time
and see what He can do?
 
Saturday, December 8, is a major feast day, a holy day of obligation; the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.  I will be in Owensboro at the SportsCenter for the celebration of this great feast day of the Catholic Church.
 
END
 s\

No comments: