Friday, December 4, 2009

Balmy 23 degrees

Balmy it isn't. Cold it is. I have been sneezing like a machine gun for three days. My sinuses have jumped the fence and are running away from me. I don't have a sinus infection. It must be a allergies and dry air. The furnace has been running flat out. Being inside and not getting outside for some clean, fresh air is the probable cause of my runny nose and constant sneezing.

I had intended to go out on the back porch and bring in some white potatoes to cook, but I put it off. And I hope I put enough anti-freeze into the "old" car because they predict that tomorrow will be even colder...below normal for this time of the year and this part of the country...brrrr.

I really should get started on wrapping little presents, but I have begun a new paperback, and you know what that leads to. All reading and no action. I am a heavy duty reader.

Since it is the season for indulgences I offer the following indulgence.

NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES
2. cups peanut butter
2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces of chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons margarine
Mix peanut butter, sugar, 1/2 cup margarine, crackers and vanilla. Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips and 2 Tablespoons of margarine together. Pour over bottom layer. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Cut into squares. Enjoy.
Pretty easy, peanut butter is good for you, just don't eat too much(I will)!!
Ti's the season to eat "folly." LOA"s
END

No comments: