Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas is looming


How do you like my tree?
It's definitely December. Its cold. Its windy. Its gray. Snow flurries, maybe.
There isn't much going on. I ate all my TG leftovers. I have read two paperbacks. I have another to start, and one to burn. Burning books in 2009? Personal censorship on my part.
I have no idea if my blogs are going through. No one comments one way or another. I wish someone would let me know if theses postings are going out.
I went to the $1.00 store and picked up a few more goodies for the residents. I have a bad habit of eating some of the goodies I buy and then I have to get more.
There is a stray cat that lives under my house. I see it and hear it. I can't take take in because it gave me a good infection way back. Maybe it will keep other things at bay/away.
I am thinking of making some dumplings in the very near future and some homemade bread, as well. I got a regular loaf of bread out of the freezer and decided it had too much sugar in it. I won't waste it, but I don't like it.
I am thinking I will have a canned ham for Christmas with all the trimmings, of course. As I have stated, I love the Holy-day traditions. I may even buy myself a present...wouldn't that be funny!
I put anti-freeze into the "old car" today. I wasn't sure I could get get the hood up. My arm isn't strong, but I did get it done. As it is going down into the 20's overnight I didn't want the block to freeze up and crack. The Nash is 50 yrs. old now. I would love to win the lottery and have it restored...oh, well.
PBS is running a Christmas special, so I think I will end here and go get absorbed in that.
END
P. S. That is the easiest tree I ever "set up."

No comments: