Friday, December 18, 2009

The Calender says...

The countdown is on. Only one week before Christmas. I'll bet every kid in the country is watching the days on the calender and scratching off each one.

I was semi-sick during the night. I think I simply ate too much from the party leftovers and didn't know when to quit..but it was good.

I spent some of the day trying to catch up on laundry. I have neglected my duties. I put through a load of dark, a load of white cloths and put them through the dryer. I still need to put sheets through, maybe tomorrow on Saturday..or Monday. At least I have clean cloths to wear.

I did some of the surveys that were mentioned to me. Now the phone keeps ringing, wanting me to buy this, that or sign up for various products that I really don't want. Live and learn.

We are supposed to have sleet/frozen rain tonight and the road crews are already out salting the highways. It is interesting that they now use salt treated with beat juice. It doesn't melt and run off as regular salt does. I wonder if the deer like it.

The guy across the street was in my yard trying to catch his dog. It got loose and was running circles around him in a happy doggy dither. He finally managed to corral Sparky on my back porch as pooch found a stray rib bone. The stray cat had ripped open my trash and pilfered anything edible and left me a mess to clean up. I missed the rib bone, but dandy dog didn't. That how he got caught, chomping away in doggy ecstasy. Never let a good old rib bone go to waste.

END

No comments: