Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa is on his way



I don't know old St. Nick will do in the rain that is forecast locally, but I'm sure he will get to all the places he intends to visit around the world. I think someone told me he uses a time warp gizmo that suspends our time as we know it and makes all his deliveries in his time. We don't notice that our time has been suspended and everything happens in the blink of an eye for us. I think I would like to have a gizmo's like that. Maybe I could get a lot more done a lot faster and-in the blink of an eye.
I went to a house party. There was no drinking, no smoking, lots of food and everyone had a good time. And that is the way it should be.
I took the hostess a bottle of home made wine; it was not opened, but saved for a later occasion, when there were no children about. No bad example to set before the little ones.
I ate too much; the food was good. Who can resist good food at Christmas? I did resist all the candy and pies and sugary drinks. What I did consume was well balanced and healthy for the most part, but very good.
Tonight I may just go to bed early instead of my usual midnight or later foray to the snuggle covers. It has been a long day, but a good day, and I am tired.
If I hear sleigh bells in the night I will know that Santa has made his appointed visits in spite of the rain.
END

No comments: