Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wooden Soldiers


The weather has warmed up and is supposed to rain. The weather for the coming week is supposed to be above normal. I like the sound of that.
I thought I had Christmas wrapping paper left over from last year, but all I had was a few scraggly pieces. I ran out to the $1.00 store and got 3 roll and of course, a few other odds 'n ends.
For a poor economy there are a lot of people out shopping. Maybe they are just looking. I know the $1.00 store was very busy.
See the little nut crackers in the upper corner? I have them. I have not set up any kind of a tree: I really don't have much room for one, even a little one.
I am not posting a recipe this evening. I am about out of recipes. I think most cooks already have a lot of good recipes.
I will try to make some cookies with box cake mix. Pretty easy. One box of cake mix, 1/4 cup of oil, 2 eggs and you are good to go. You can add anything you like except your fingers. Keep those...you may need them.
I brought some more items in from the van. I found the walnuts that I had been looking for. I can use them in the next week or so. As usual, no post on Sunday.
END

No comments: