Saturday, December 5, 2009

He is coming....

Oh yeah, He is getting ready. Are you ready? Got the tree and decorations out? Better hurry up...time's a'wasting. Be sure you have milk and cookies on hand, preferably sugar free or low calorie. Santa's on a diet this year. Yup, he told me so. He said I should be, too. Hmmm.

What Santa didn't notice is that I have a slab of barbecued ribs in the oven and a sweet potatoe in the pressure cooker. It is starting to smell pretty aromatic...good, that is.

The sweet potatoe are from my garden. It was so big I had trouble cutting it. I finally wound up slamming a big knife through it several times. I like to live dangerously.

I think it is time to shut the oven off and let the residual heat do the rest.

MICROWAVE PEANUT BRITTLE
1 1/c. cocktail peanuts
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
pinch of salt
1 Tbs. margarine(butter)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
Mix peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt in glass mixing bowl. Cook 7-9 minutes on high: mixture should be bubbling and peanuts should be brown. Quickly stir in butter and vanilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer. Add baking soda and stir quickly; just until mixture is foamy. Pour immediately onto a greased baking sheet. Let it cool for 15 minutes or longer. Break up peanut brittle and store in an airtight container.
If this doesn't turn out well for you just send it to me and I will "test" it out for you.
I have been dipping into my supplies...stock...because its cold out there and I don't wanna go to the store until next spring. Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.