Friday, December 11, 2009

My photos do not do the food justice. "The proof is in the pudding," as is said. I slopped up the oven slightly: I hope that doesn't show.


'This is a slight variation of the recipe I posted yesterday. Instead of using pie shells I poured the hamburger and vegetables into a baking dish and covered It with biscuit dough. The "yellow" on top is butter. It may not be a fancy dish or not well presented, but it sure was good. It was my late lunch...early supper. I have enough left over for a few more meals. On the plate you will see that I have a starch(biscuit), protein(hamburger), vegetable and a small side salad. Thus, I have a balanced meal.
It may not be as "pretty" as the cooking and presentations on Food Network, but it taste good to me and I know it is nutritious and that is what counts.

This is a fairly inexpensive dish to make and can feed several people or a small family a healthy meal. You can use the pie crust recipe. Or biscuit dough or a dumpling batter will cover the cooked ingredients. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. It also lends itself to many variations.

Believe it or not, I need to go shopping. I am out of tomato soup now and the lettuce is about gone. I need some more milk and radishes. Some things really can't store well.

I have read that fresh vegetables may be scarce this winter(rumor by bloggers) so I may pick up some more canned mixed vegetables, too.

I am plagued with the cursor jumping all over the page on my blog and over-writing the text. I am constantly "fixing" the post. I don't know why I have this problem.

It warmed up slightly and may be warmer tomorrow. I hope so.

END

No comments: