Tuesday, December 1, 2009

HOPE


Hope. Advent. Christmas. Tradition. I am for all of that. I do like holy-days. I may put up my little tree soon. I have Nutcracker Soldiers to put around somewhere. That isn't what it is all about , is it? All the trappings and trimming are symbols and reminders of something greater. The birth of a baby that grew to manhood and changed the thinking of the world.
What are your traditions and symbols of the Christmas season? For so many it is just about having time off, having fun, traveling or being with family and friends. All that is good: just don't forget the message of Christmas or the Jewish holy days and observances. Just don't forget what it is all about.
The TV is gone. I put it on Freecycle and people jumped for it. I only had one...I wish I had more to give out.
I finally got out and went to the store and got milk and coffee creamer. I also go buttermilk. For some reason I like buttermilk while others say, "yuk..nasty."
Tonight is another Obama TV extravaganza. I am watching the Discovery channel instead. Much more informative and entertaining. Can you believe he preempted Charlie Brown, a long tradition of TV fare for kids of all sizes and ages? Shall we rename Obama "President Grinch?" What's he putting in your stocking this year? Or has he cut the toes out of the socks so that anything that goes in falls right out again, and then some. He is cutting a big hole in the stockings of the elderly just for starts. A nation is judged by how it cares for its children and its elderly.
I picked up a few more items for the elderly. I have to start wrapping the little gifts soon as there is only 24 days left. I need to have this task done before the last minute. I hate wrapping gifts. I am not good at it and this year will be harder than last years. 'Cause last year, I couldn't wrap anything and someone else had to do it. This year I have no excuse, do I?
I will go back out to the one dollar store to get a few more things. The elderly love candy and goodies. Me too. Oh, that's right...I forgot...I'm elderly too, now. Well, like darn!!*#*#
So, what's under your tree? Besides a lump of coal...and don't forget...this is coal country!!!
END

No comments: