Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Invades

You can build a snowman in the winter. Yes, You can.

I have been busy eating cookies, yummy, good cookies. I think I will freeze some of them in order to "slow" myself down, otherwise I will turn into a fat, doughy cookie myself. I am well on the way as it is.

Now we are having some snow flurries and a little freezing rain. I am not going anywhere. I am staying in and watching all the Christmas movies on TV.

I am looking for a good "Quick Bread" recipe to try out. I have several to chose from, but have never baked any. If I find one that is simple and easy to bake I will see if I can bake one or two Quick Breads. If I like one/it I will post a recipe or two, but first I need to go to the store and get a few staple ingredients for baking. I used up all my sugar, milk, eggs, and yeast. So, if the weather is decent, I will go to the store on Monday. However, it looks like Mother Nature has stopped fooling around and teasing us frail, little humanoids and let winter in the front door.

I have a small sewing machine that I got from freecycle. I think I will finally try that out as well.
It has been in the van for about two weeks now: it's time to give it a whirl to see if it works.

I generally have a good supply of food/ingredients in the pantry because I don't like shopping in the cold, snow and ice. I stay in as much as possible and avoid Mother Natures little slicky tricks and pitfalls.

My posting reversed a paragraph, one of the weired things it does besides the cursor jumping all over the page. I will leave it as it is, but wonder if wi fi has anything to do with these oddities.

END

No comments: