Monday, November 14, 2011

ALL ABOUT CHOICES



OH, HAPPY DAY THAT FIXED MY CHOICE
ON YOU MY SAVIOR AND MY GOD
MAY THIS GRATEFUL HEART REJOICE
AND TELL ITS RAPTURE IN A LOVING VOICE
OH, HAPPY DAY, OH HAPPY DAY
WHEN JESUS WASHED MY SINS AWAY
HE TAUGHT ME HOW TO WATCH AND PRAY
AND LIVE REJOICING EVERY DAY
WHEN JESUS WASHED MY SINS AWAY.

You never know what you can do until you try.  Success is  within you and you can do great things for the Lord.  The seed is planted, but hard work is needed for the growth of the spirit.  If you fix your eyes on the goal and strive for it with all your love and passion, you will grow and mature as the seed that was cast in good soil.  You can be a saint depending on your will and desire to follow in the footsteps of Jesus....to walk in his shadow.

This has been a blow-away day with tornado watches and wind gusts as high as 60+ miles per hour.  The rains came later and it will cool down.  

I went to the store to get some things for Thanksgiving.  I couldn't find mushrooms or oysters for oyster dressing.  I will try again in a couple of days.  I still need to get eggs for deviled eggs and small smoky links.  My friends love all this, but I could take it or leave it.  None of it is on my diet.  I have lost 12 lbs. and want to lose more, but I know what will happen on Thanksgiving day.


I will really have to watch my calories this week and next in order not to look like a fat Turkey after Turkey Day.

END




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Today I am shopping but not for my Thanksgiving feast, I will do that next week. I just have to pick up a few things to hold me over until then.

Love the poem!! And very true. I would not call myself a saint but I sure try hard to follow Jesus and not the things of this world.

Keep up the good work on your diet. I do not know how much weight I have lost as I have not weighed myself in a long time but my tight clothes sure are a lot looser on me these days so that is a good sign, LOL.

Have a good day!
Love ya, Alice