Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Got food...Got Charity?



I was thinking that I would have some pictures of Thanksgiving preparations/food, but don't have any yet.  Maybe tomorrow.  I have all the eggs boiled and ready to peel.  The barbecued Little Smokies will go into the Crock Pot tomorrow and simmer overnight.  The Oyster Dressing will get made tomorrow, too, and then go into the fridge until Thursday morning.  I also save all the empty egg cartons and use them to put the deviled eggs into when they are made.  This is a good way to transport them and then throw away the egg cartons.  I may make some other things as well.

I am always reminded that I was on my way back from my mother's funeral on Thanksgiving Day years ago.  Nothing was open on the PA. Turnpike, but I finally found a McDonald's  where I got a yucky burger.

On Thursday I will not post.  I don't know what time I will get home or how tired I will be.  I just know it will be a full day.



I know that I have been and am slacking off a little bit with this blog, but it is a season of business.  I have an agenda for next week, too, and don't know if I can get everything done that I am planning.  I imagine most people will be in same seasonal boat. 

"SET ALL THINGS IN THEIR OWN PARTICULAR PLACE, AND KNOW THAT ORDER IS THE GREATEST GRACE.  by Dryden.   I'll bet he had his own cook and dish washer
.
In all of our rush, fuss and preparations...we forget what it is all about.  Little children can tell you.

"THE END OF THE COMMANDMENT IS CHARITY WITH PURE HEART, AND GOOD CONSCIENCE, AND A UNFEIGNED FAITH."  1 Tim. 1:5

Got all that?  Well, I am working on it.  Real-true charity is not so hard when times are good, but when the times get tuff, the charity gets tightened, stretched and bent a little.  For all of us know that "Charity begins at home" and we tend to live by it, rather live of  and for it.  If you have two loaves of bread can you give one away?  Christ divided the bread and fishes and fed 5,000.

I know that where I will be on Thanksgiving Day there will be wall to wall food in abundance.  I also know that it will be shared out to those in need that come to the table.

WHO WILL JOIN YOU AT THE TABLE?

END

No comments: