Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CHARITY


I guess I don't have any little spiritual inspirations to offer.  My Mondays are often like that.  However, the week is just starting.

I am getting some things ready for Thanksgiving Day.  I boiled two dozen eggs this afternoon and will probably boil some more.  Only one egg cracked so I ate it! I make pretty good Deviled Eggs. 

I went to the store and found the oysters and mushrooms for the dressing. I found more stuffing mix for $.88 cents so I picked up a couple more even though I don't need them right now.  I will also make barbecue smoky links.  I haven't decided on anything else yet.

I also picked up my eye drops  It came to-gasp-$229.85 plus tax.  No, Medicare doesn't pay for much these days and that amount came out of my pocket.  That is a lot of money out of a small check.  I got it because I have to have it.

....IF I SHOULD HAVE ALL FAITH
SO THAT I COULD REMOVE MOUNTAINS
AND NOT HAVE CHARITY,
I AM NOTHING.

1 Cor. 13:2

NOW THERE REMAIN
FAITH, HOPE AND CHARITY-
THESE THREE
BUT THE GREATEST
OF THESE IS CHARITY.

1 Cor. 13:3

These two text came from an older version of the Bible, but the are very much the same in the newer Bibles.

Read Matt. 7:3-23 & 38--John 13. 14. 34: & 15. 12.
The reason I refere to these passages is this is the "recognized" season for giving and charity, though we should keep it in mind all the time, especially in these unprdictable times.   An old saying has bounced back upon the lips of news reports..."The rich get richer and the poorer get poorer."  Maybe I will put out a better blog tomorrow.


END


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

I just got back from doing my Thanksgiving day grocery shopping plus my regular shopping, now I am broke for a month but there will be food on the table. God is good!!

I stopped all medicines about 3 months ago, I just can not afford them any more. Yes I am living in incredible pain but I still by the Grace of God forge ahead and do what needs to be done.

I will soon have lunch and after lunch take a short nap before starting the baking and cooking for the holiday meal. Not that we are having a huge feast but the more I can get done ahead of time the easier it will be that day.

If I do not talk to you before, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Love, Alice