Tuesday, November 8, 2011

O What a Day!


         THIS DAY WHICH THE LORD HAS MADE;
LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.

Ps. 118: 24
Oh, what a day this has been.  Even though I didn't get up as early as I had intended, I got a lot done.  I took the patio table apart, brought it into the house, put the legs back on and then cleaned it up.  It is now the computer table.  You may remember that I got rid of the big computer desk and hutch.  It took up way to much space in a small room.  Now, that big old Dell tower, monitor and keyboard are no longer sitting on the floor and presenting a hazard.  There was room enough for my typewriter, too.  It is all set up-put back together and, functional. Now, my "backup system" is truly available in case this little laptop gets ornery.  Now, if I can just get everything else up off the floor!

The biggest problem I encountered was in lifting and carrying.  The old computer towers are heavy, as are the old monitors.  Lifting those two items straight up from the floor has played havoc on my arm.  My left arm does most of the real work while my right arm does the guiding.  Even so, the right arm is protesting the task that it had to endure.  Well, in a couple of days it will all be better.  I was more worried about having that disk in the lower lumbar over-stressed.  So far, so good.


"DO TODAY'S DUTY
FIGHT TODAY'S TEMPTATIONS
AND DO NOT WEAKEN
OR DISTRACT ONE'S SELF
BY LOOKING FORWARD
TO THINGS YOU CANNOT SEE;
AND COULD NOT UNDERSTAND
IF YOU SAW THEM." 

from my little prayer book

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mabel, I wish I lived closer so I could help you with those heavy lifting jobs. Sometimes they bother me too but I still manage to do them, LOL.

My day has not been so productive but I knew I had needed a rest. It is very windy and chilly here with rain mixed in on and off. The weather fluctuation makes my fibromyalgia very unhappy and me a very sore lady. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Don't over do your work!!
Love, Alice