Saturday, November 5, 2011

TICK TOCK-SET YOUR CLOCK...KINDNESS

Oh, yes.  Spring forward-fallback.  Set you clocks back 1 hr.

I got out and got my hair cut this afternoon.  I wanted to get it done last week, but as you know I did not stray far from my bed or couch these past few days.  I am still being careful in how I move because I still have some twinges.  At least my hair is done and I look more presentable among the human kind.

Today I got my typewriter out to write a short piece on a card.  I can't remember when I last used the typewriter.  They still have a use for short pieces, though.  Do you still have a typewriter or do you have to fire up the computer and then the printer and hope it comes out OK?

KINDNESS IS INFECTIOUS.
ONE KIND ACT
LEADS TO ANOTHER.
OUR EXAMPLE IS FOLLOWED.
THIS IS THE GREATEST
WORK  WHICH KINDNESS
DOES TO OTHERS-
THAT IT MAKES THEM
KIND THEMSELVES.

A PROUD MAN IS SELDOM
A KIND MAN.
HUMILITY MAKES US KIND
AND KINDNESS MAKES US
HUMBLE.

These are quotes from my prayer book by Father Lasance.



 Since God chose you
to be the holy people
He loves,
you must cloths yourselves
with tender hearted mercy,
kindness, humility,
gentleness and penitence.
+++
Colossians 3:12

Keep in mind that Bibles may differ slightly in arrangements
and translation, it is still the same Holy Book of our Fathers
of the early church.

Tomorrow is my "day off."

END

No comments: