Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Done, done and done in.

OK.  Everything is about done and so am I.  The Little Smokies turned out well-not too sweet.  There are 36 deviled eggs ready to go.  For the first time the eggs peeled nicely.  Usually the boiled eggs look like they were mangled or run over.  They taste good and I have some boiled eggs left over.  The Oyster Dressing is made and ready and to be consumed by a couple of guys that think that oysters make them more virile and manly-do they?   I made some muffin bread: an experiment-with peanut butter.  It is pretty good, but not enough to take to the dinner.  It was just a small batch.

So...I have been cooking and cleaning as I go.  All the dishes and utensils are washed.  Oops...a few egg shells hit the floor.  I never took time to take the pictures of what I prepared.  By this time tomorrow night all the abundance of the day will be just a memory and with indigestion.  What I take to the table will be only a small portion and will be consumed with a passion.  Except for me.  I will watch my diet and my passion unless I spot some Pumpkin Pie....or any kind of pie!


*********************
"OMNIA AD MQJOREM DEI GLORIAM"
"ALL FOR THE GREATER GLORY OF GOD!"

" In sacred banquet, in which Christ is received,
the memory of His passion is renewed,
the mind is filled with grace,
and a pledge of future glory
is given to us."
+++
St. Tomas-Office of the Blessed Sacrament.


 

 You may not think the above iconic painting has anything to do with the theme of Thanksgiving, but it does.  Jesus shares His last meal with His friends-followers-disciples, and says as He breaks the bread, "Do this in memory of me."  And that is what it is all about, isn't it...Giving Thanks and breaking bread together: with friends, families, neighbors?



Don't forget;
I probably
won't post
tomorrow.

END

No comments: