Thursday, November 17, 2011

THE PRESENCE OF GOD

"Let us keep ourselves in the presence of God.  In all our ways let us ever have before us the example of our Lord and how He thought, spoke and acted; in every circumstances of life let us copy His example."

The above quotes are from my little book of prayers.

Today as a friend and I walked past the chapel were the  Sisters were gathering for prayers, I felt their presence in His presence.  We immediately "hushed up" and went where we had to go at the time.  We could feel the Spirit animating from the darkened chapel.  Have you ever had "one of those moments?"  If you do, I assure you...it will stick to you tighter than Gorilla Glue.  "Were two or more are gathered in my name, I am there."

I never know what I will write about until I sit down to write and hope for some little glimmer of inspiration.  Usually something comes up to the front, from the back burner and then I am cooking with gas; sometimes not.. and I feel like someone turned of all "my" utilities.  Such is the human mind and spirit.  "We are weak, but He is strong."

No matter how blank the chalkboard or cold the stove, we should continue to try to pray,even if we can only utter "Father, I am here" or some other simple words, for it is what is in the heart that counts.  Ommmm.   Create your own little mantra when you find it hard to express and communicate with God.  It could be a quiet chant of "Jesus, I love you above all things" or a short ejaculation.  Keep this thought:  God created you and you live...that is a prayer in itself.  Thank Him for it.

Credo!
Spero!
Amo!

I believe
I hope
I love

from Blessed Antony Grassi

I AM THE RESURRECTION
AND THE LIFE;
HE WHO BELIEVES IN ME,
EVEN IF HE DIE, SHALL LIVE,
AND WHOEVER LIVES,
AND BELIEVES IN ME,
SHALL NEVER DIE

John 11: 25-26
+++

Have you ever wondered why there are those that say they don't believe in God, call on Him or out to Him in times of stress, pain or near death?   There are two names that wounded or dying soldiers call out for; their mothers and God.  I don't remember in which order.  It doesn't matter.  It is enough that they call out.

Well, I ran over to E'town and got my TB test done.  Now I will have to go back and get it read.  More gas to buy for  the van.  Also, I had to get the air and heater worked on.  Some little gizmo went out.  The van only has 36.000 miles on it and already I had to get new brakes on the front.  Always something to take your money even if you don't have it.  So...everything on the chalkboard has been erased and tomorrow I will to start anew.



END




No comments: