Saturday, November 26, 2011

Shopping for Advent

Yes, Advent-Christmas is just around that next corner and it is coming up fast.  Yikes!  The older I get the faster time flies.  The calender moves on without me!

I have been out picking up a few items to take to the residents at the nursing home.  Everything is being downsized except for the price.  You get less for the money.

I hate wrapping presents.  I am all thumbs and I seem to get things that are oddly shaped and hard to wrap.  The good thing is that the residents hardly notice and the wrappings become torn and shredded anyway. Kids come in all ages.  The elderly enjoy getting Christmas presents, too.

I have the crock pot working overtime.  I have potatoes, a roast, cauliflower and onions making the house smell ever so good.  It will be for dinner after I get over roaming tomorrow. I may even make a batch of Peanut Butter cookies before I go to bed...to take over to the Sisters.  I am a firm believer in bribery via route of the tummy...tummy power.


THE ANGEL OF THE LORD
DECLARED UNTO MARY..

The home used to set out an Advent Log or wreath,  with four candles to mark the passing of each week as Advent progressed.  That isn't done now due to fire hazards, but I really did enjoy it while I was working.  Dare I tell them that there are now flame less candles now, battery operated?  Yes, I dare.

Something I learned new this day:  The church recommends that the Angelus be recited/prayed three times a day.  I will post the Angelus on Monday and if anyone is interested they can copy or pray from there.  Most catholics know the Angelus, but there may be some that don't or have never had the opportunity to read or learn it.  We learn all the time, don't we?

So..I am off to make some cookies...it's the season, you know.

END 

p.s.  I think I will make my own Advent Wreath
I have candles!

No comments: