Saturday, November 19, 2011

COME AND EAT OF MY BREAD



"COME TO THE TABLE I PREPARED FOR YOU"


I am a little tired this eve.  I didn't sleep well last night.  I went to bed after 12 A.M and woke up around 3:30 or 4 A. M.  I just couldn't get back to sleep. Finally around 6 A. M. I did drift off, but then that radio alarm woke me up good and proper.  I gave up and got up.

I had to go to E'town and get the TB test read.  It was negative-OK.  I have never  had a positive TB test even though I have been around people with active TB.  I have been lucky.

At least, in having to go across the mighty Ohio more than once this week, and again tomorrow; the price of gas has dropped down to $2.98 per gal.  Even so, it hurts the pocketbook, so I only got about $15.00 dollars worth of gas.  I will use most of that up tomorrow.  I am not complaining (too much) because I can still keep gas in the tank and food on the table.  A lot of people can't.

Tomorrow, being Sunday, you know where I will be  going.  The weeks and days roll by so fast!

O SACRED BANQUET
WHEREIN CHRIST IS RECEIVED,
THE MEMORY OF HIS PASSION
IS RENEWED,
THE MIND IS FILLED
WITH GRACE,
AND THE PLEDGE OF FUTURE
GLORY IS GIVEN UNTO US
+++
O Sacrum Convivium
in quo Christus
sumitur; recolitur memoria
passionis ejus; mens
impletur gratia et
futurae gloriae, nobis
pignus datur.
+++
a little Latin for you
***

And while they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed and broke, and gave it to His disciples, and said,"Take and eat; this is my body."  And taking a cup, He gave thanks and gave it to them, saying "All of you drink of this; for this is my blood of the new covenant, which is being shed for many unto the forgiveness of sins."

Matthew 26: 26-27

This is a very important part-it may be the most important part of the gosples.  It is what we center our faith and subsequent "remembrance" around.

As some readers may not have a Bible or access to any Christian teachings; there are very slight variations in the passage/translations of the last supper.  Four great Saints are relating what they witnessed and were part of; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.



I would like to be a Biblical scholar, but of course, I am not.  I would like to impart more spiritual knowledge to any one   looking for a more perfect path.  I am just a simple person with a simple mind.  I even wish at times that I could give up this blog, but know I can not...not while there are even a few hungry people in repressed countries; people without Bibels, searching for the Word of God.  It is often "hard work" for me to post this blog, but I feel that I must continue for those repressed people that do read this post.  I do know where you are and what countries you live in, in a general way.  So, I "hang in there."

I would also like to sleep late in the morning, but I can't do that either. I just gotta do what I gotta do!




END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Once again I am running behind in my blogging both reading and posting. I don't know where the time goes but I can't seem to keep up with everything I need and want to do.

I love your post!! Keep up the good work. :-)

Love, Alice