Thursday, February 16, 2012

CD's and such




The CD is safely out without damage, but the CD player is out any good.  I have only used the CD player a few times and only used the CD that was stuck once.  I never leave a CD in the player.  I may try using an old CD in the player to see if will eject, but  as this little episode cost money...think about it before I try it.  The audio tech. said this is a common problem and had to remove the radio to get to it.

Today I washed a heavy bedspread and sheets, plus a few other things.  I wanted to flip my mattress, which I can not do with one poor arm, but I did manage to get the mattress turned, top to bottom.  Everything is put back together now and waiting for me to jump into it tonight.

I had been promised help in turning the mattress months ago, just as I was promised help to hang some pictures way back in August.  Well, you know how people keep promises.  I will try to do the picture hanging myself in a few days.  Usually when I find that I have to rely on my favorite arm...I pay for it latter in an uncomfortable way.  So be it.  I am tired of waiting on the good intentions of others.

I had my hair trimmed this afternoon.  It needed it.  It gets really thick in the back and I don't care for messy hair in the back around my collar.  The top didn't need much done to it.  Now, it looks a lot better.

So, I did make this into something of a work day...with lots of jobs waiting to be done or completed.  I started to clean out the bottom shelf of the cabinet and that isn't finished, but everything is pulled out and needs to be restored to the proper places.  I'll get it done soon...LOA!  All these little jobs would be a good discipline to get finished during Lent, don't you think?  Actually, this should have nothing to do with Lent; they are things that just plain need to be done...woe is me...I am so lazy!


BUT WHEN THOU PRAYEST
GO INTO THY ROOM,
AND CLOSING THY DOOR,
PRAY TO THE FATHER
IN SECRET;
AND THY FATHER
WHO SEES IN SECRET,
WILL REWARD THEE.


Matt. 6:6


 
Kneeling for prayers was not unknown among the Jews, but the common practice was to pray standing, as is even done today at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem.


END







No comments: