Wednesday, February 8, 2012

'Sgetti



I made a pot of spaghetti.  I haven't had 'sgetti for a while and and was craving starches.  So, I made a big pot of starch...with sausage.  The thing about making spaghetti with sausage instead of hamburger is the high fat and cholesterol content.  If you do make 'sgetti with sausage or even hamburger, cook the meat first and then rinse the grease out with very hot water, through a colander or strainer.  Then you can put the meat back on the stove and add the ingredients in for making the sauce.  Everyone makes their sauce differently, so do what you like best.  To make a really good sauce let it simmer on low heat for about an hour or so.  Then it is yum and the craving for starch is .mollified...maybe.

I think that sometime soon I will get a big package of chicken out of the freezer and can it.  Canning meat will change the texture a little, but it will be very tender and good.  As the weather is so unpredictable, canning is a better way to preserve meat instead of relying on the freezer(s).  I look for a strange spring and summer.  We may be becoming tropical and Europe may be in the throes of a little ice age..who knows.  Read a book entitiled  "LIGHTS OUT."

As I have stayed in for a couple of days, there isn't much to say or write about.  Tomorrow I do need to be out and get a few things done, make a trip to the library and take some stuff to the Salvation Army.  You all get off easy tonight-no scripture.

END

No comments: