Saturday, February 25, 2012

The road most traveled

I have been looking a the status graph/bar and for some reason it never says the same thing, which is confusing to me.  I must be missing something here.

I went shopping this afternoon 'though it never really warmed up.  My front yard is full of papers and sale bills.  I don't know if they actually blew in or if the mail carrier dropped them.  Either way, I will still have to pick them up.

I did get milk and put 2 qts. in the freezer and 2 qts. in the refrigerator.  Also, I got the sweet potatoes that I wanted, plus onions.  Things are just better with onions!

The price of gas went up...again.  It goes up every day...just like my alarm clock.  At least I can turn my clock off, but not the spiraling cost of gas.  The oil companies and O-you know who-bama, are kicking this nation in the knees and driving it down.  I wish O-would get off his bama and do something positive for a change.  O, I forgot he was and is, bringing about "change," change you can count on.

I dropped another pound.  If I can get seven more off...I will set a new goal.  I can now get into a few cloths that have been hanging in the closet and "almost" into a few others.  I will be a lot healthier if I make the target goal, but it has taken a while to get this much off.  I won't say where I started or what the ultimate goal is yet.  I probably won't lose much more until I can get out and do some yard work and be more active.  It is easy to put the pounds on, but a lot harder to get the weight off.
Last Sunday as I was getting ready for church I heard a local preacher on the radio say, "There is one road to Hell, but no road out."  I found that to be interesting concept, 'though I am not in complete agreement with his statement.  I am inclined to think that there are many roads to Hell, and the most traveled road is the highway that no one believes they are traveling.  If you don't believe in Hell...then you don't believe in God.  If you don't believe in God you are most likely to do whatever you want and "to hell with the consequences." 

"HIS WINNOWING
FAN IS IN HIS HAND,
AND HE WILL
THROUGHLY
CLEANE OUT
HIS THRASHING FLOOR,
AND WILL GATHER
HIS WHEAT
INTO THE BARN;
BUT THE CHAFF
HE WILL BURN UP
WITH UNQUENCHABLE
FIRE."

Matt. 3:12


There are several references in Matt. if anyone wants to look them up.  These references validate the teaching of hell.










No comments: