Saturday, February 11, 2012

Job(e)


I braved the bitter wind and cold and went to the store.  I didn't need a lot.  I bought milk, buttermilk, coffee creamer and cottage cheese.  I think I will overdose on calcium.  I did get a couple other items that I know I can use.

Tonight I am going to bed early...I really am.  I will get up early in the cold and I won't like that.  Not that my house is all that cold, by dragging myself out of a nice, warm bed will make it seem that way.

I should count my blessings: It seems like much of Europe is in a little ice age and it is taking it's toll.  It wouldn't be the first time that a little ice age has embraced the northern continents.  At one time ice sheets and snows came as far south as Chicago and even lower.  The great glaciers sculpted the land and formed the Great Lakes.  Here, in the Ohio Valley, there once was great bodies of water, and still are some pretty deep and awesome rivers.  The Ohio River does not start in Ohio.  If I remember my geography, I think the Ohio starts up in Pennsylvania. with the Monongahela and lots of little tributaries, that be become very big tributaries, that become one big river, the Ohio.  However, don't trust my memories of geography.  It has been a while since I was in school.

I have a CD stuck in the CD player in the van and don't know how to get it out.  It just will not eject.  If it were my own  CD it wouldn't be so bad, but it is from the library and part of an expensive set.  I guess I will have to take it to the shop and see if they can get it out without damaging it or my dashboard.

I think the next few days will be a good time to get some things done inside because I'm not inclined to go outside.  no, I am not.

THERE ARE THOSE .
WHO ARE REBELS
AGAINST THE LIGHT;
THEY KNOW NOT
ITS WAYS;
THEY ABIDE NOT
IN ITS PATH.

Job 24: 13

Job was a sad sack kind of fellow, depressed and felt down trodden, yet he persisted in his faith.  He was a righteous man and the devil challenged God, who protected Job.  When God lifted His protection from Job and let the devil place Job under and into many trials and tribulations, Job held fast..
  
Yes, he moaned and groaned, complained and questioned God, but he never lost his reverence and fidelity.  We all have had, at one time or another, many of the same symptoms of Job: I hope we...I...never succumb.  Never let go of your foundation and faith in the Lord.  We will all need it in the days to come.  Now, that being said, I will admit that I am a weak person in all aspects.  I can only say that I try.


END





No comments: